SAILING DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
The 2017/18 CSA Sailing Development committee is made up of individuals representing south, central and northern Caribbean sailing-specific interests. Itis working to support the creation and management of systems and programs that will serve the CSA in delivering on its long-term objectives.
- To promote and facilitate the growth of the sport of sailing in the Caribbean Region.
- To Support existing junior and youth-oriented sailing programs as well as help establish new activity.
- To support the delivery of existing local, regional and international sailing events held by CSA members within the Caribbean region.
- To assist Caribbean youth sailors by providing a framework and logistical support that enables them to succeed in learning to sail within recreational sailing activity, as well as participation in local, regional, international and Olympic level competition.
- To collate and translate relevant information about the current state of junior / youth sailing within the Caribbean region, including keeping a list of up-to-date contact information for regional sailing programs, sailboat fleet inventories, the number and level of instructors / coaches in the region as well as the number of sailors served by each program.
- To make reports to the CSA Board and share pertinent information and recommendations with Members.
- To liaise with World Sailing MNA (Member National Authority) delegates in each island country in order to help communicate important development information, secure grants, access training opportunities and communicate the needs and interests of the Caribbean.